Child Mortality Rate
0Deaths in 1,000 Live Births
MFH In Haiti
MFH is building the capacity of Catholic Sisters to implement maternal child health programs in vulnerable communities around Port-Au-Prince, and in underserved communities throughout the country. We support clinical and community activities for pregnant women, mothers, and children; infrastructure renovations; medications and supplies; nutrition programs; water and sanitation efforts; capacity building and training of healthcare workers; community empowerment; and relief supplies in times of need.
MFH has helped to build the capacity of 11 Congregations of Catholic Sisters, their clinical providers and community health workers serving 13 project sites. They have received training on recognition and treatment of malnutrition, appropriate feeding practices, establishment of a comprehensive nutrition program, and the integration of a community referral system to clinics. We also provided additional training on Integrated Management of Childhood Illness. This training was complemented by granting seed money to the 11 congregations to implement Maternal Child Health initiatives at each Congregation’s facility.
- Daughters of Charity
- Daughters of Divine Love from Nigeria
- Daughters of Wisdom
- Little Sisters of St. Therese
- Missionaries of Immaculate Conception
- Oblate Missionaries of Marie Immaculate
- Sisters of Charity of Saint Yacinthe
- Sisters of Charity of Saint Louis
- Sisters of Mary Queen Immaculate
- Sisters of Saint Francis of Assisi
- Sisters of Saint Therese from Tanzania