Building Capacity, Strengthening Health Systems and Empowering Communities
Learning for Humanity (L4H) is a customized, online learning experience created for Catholic Sisters that supports efforts to save the lives of children and their mothers by building knowledge, skills, and capacity of Sisters worldwide.
Officially launching courses in 2022. Registration will open later this year.
Click below to sign up to get the latest news about this great new resource for Catholic Sisters and take our 5-minute Sister Outreach Survey !
Virtual Online Learning that Leads to Transformative Results!
- The curriculum focuses on training, skill-building, and mentoring for a variety of topics.
- Content is interactive and engaging with live sessions, webinars, videos, animations, and activities.
- Courses encourage collaboration and teamwork with other learners through discussion boards, chat rooms, and capstone projects.
- Courses are convenient and self-paced! Sisters participate in the learning when they have free time!
- Courses are designed for Sisters with input from Sisters.
- Topics apply to your work in healthcare, education, social work, poverty, and build skills in management and leadership!
- Learning for Humanity is accessible using the Internet from laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
- L4H is affordable. Course registrations are priced to what Sisters and their Congregations can afford.
Introduction to Leadership
This course aims to provide Catholic Sisters with knowledge and applied skills about leadership. Learners will review core leadership concepts and develop practical skills for application in nonprofit organizational and health facility settings. This course will cover a wide range of leadership topics, including leadership style, leaders, essential leadership skills, how to apply leadership skills in your life, and how to build a team. A case study will be used throughout the course to reinforce the learning with realistic examples. At the end of the course, learners will apply the lessons learned to their situation and health facility by completing a final project. Learners will continue the implementation past completing this course and present a project report during a virtual workshop held three months after completing this course.
Health Care Management
The goal of this 9 week course is to provide Catholic Sisters with the skills and knowledge on how to manage health care facility operations. Learners will review core management concepts and develop practical skills that can be applied in health facility settings. This course will cover a wide range of management topics, including the management process, finance, organizational documents, asset management, medication management, managing community health worker programs, and working with data. A case study will be used throughout the course to reinforce the learning with realistic examples. At the end of the course, learners will apply the lessons learned to their own work by improving one or several aspects of their own health care facility through a project of their choice.
L4H Community Center
Connecting, Communicating & Collaborating: Learning for Humanity is much more than just online training - it is a platform that is meant to serve as an online community of Catholic Sisters coming together to share experiences, exchange resources, and build connections with each other. This community center is a place where learners, past and present, can connect with each other, network, learn about each other’s work, share best practices, post questions and discussions, inquire about partnerships, or find ways to collaborate!
Learners can also explore future training courses, register for webinars and educational sessions, and find resources and tools related to course content. All learners will have access to the community center for 1 year after the completion of their last course
Medicines for Humanity is growing and expanding this learning platform. Here are some additional courses that may be coming in 2022 and beyond:
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- Pharmacy and Medicine Management
- Early Childhood Development
- Newborn/Child health
- Family Planning
- Maternal Child Health
- The Value of Data
- Data Utilization for Planning & Evaluation
- Advocacy for Catholic Sisters
- Financial Management
- Grant Writing 101
Interested in Learning for Humanity?
If you would like to learn more about the Learning for Humanity Platform and upcoming courses, please click the button below.