The primary goal of Medicines for Humanity (MFH) is to reduce child mortality in impoverished communities around the world by:
- Collaborating with credible and competent healthcare providers already serving these communities.
- Targeting the most vulnerable children and women.
- Supporting and building the capacity of our in-country healthcare partners.
- Initiating or expanding evidence-based, effective interventions to reduce child mortality and improve child survival.
- Leveraging our extensive and successful project experience in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) and Africa.
- Using child survival initiatives with evidence-based effectiveness.
To accomplish this goal, we work to increase the number of vulnerable children and mothers that receive:
- Maternal and Child healthcare including pre-natal, birthing, and post-natal services and essential medicines
- Ongoing assistance from trained and motivated community health workers (CHWs)
- Nutrition services and education
- Clean water and sanitation